Safeguarding God’s Children: St. Mark, Medford
May 13 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$10
SAFE Church Trainings provides awareness in the areas of sexual conduct and sexual abuse issues for both employees and volunteers working within the congregations and organizations of the Diocese of Oregon.
We currently offer two different programs that have been developed by the Church Pension Group:
- Safeguarding God’s Children
- Preventing Sexual Harassment and Exploitation
Who should attend and why?
In striving to live out our Baptismal Covenant we are called to respect the dignity of every human being. As the people of God in the Episcopal Diocese of Oregon we are committed to the safety of all God’s people. This recommendation outlines who is required to attend which of the training sessions.
- All members of the clergy whether stipendiary or non-stipendiary
- All interns and persons in the ordination process
- All paid employees
- All wardens and vestry/BAC members
- All volunteers (age 16 and over) who work with children and youth. Volunteers age 12-14 are welcome to attend it accompanied by a parent. We do not recomend this training for children under 12.
Go to the Safe Church page for more information and registration.