(March 11- March 17)
Almighty God, who created us in your own image: Grant us grace fearlessly to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression; and, that we may reverently use our freedom, help us to employ it in the maintenance of justice in our communities and among the nations, to the glory of your holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
– The Book of Common Prayer
REFLECTION AND LEARNING:
- Read the detailed description of Becoming Beloved Community, focusing on Repairing the Breach (pages 21 – 23)
After focusing on our internal dynamics, it may be time to extend our work into the world. One way to do this is to partner with other individuals, agencies, ministries and groups that share our commitment to his work.
For individuals and groups:
Identity other groups doing this work, and consider one of the following:
- Attend a presentation or event organized by another group.
- Invite a speaker from another group to make a presentation sharing their work.
- Contribute and participate in a particular initiative or project sponsored by another group.
- Consider expanding the base of community work with specific steps towards developing and focusing ecumenical, interfaith and community partnerships.
Click here for a (growing) list of groups focusing on justice and inclusion work in the state of Oregon. (coming soon)