CLICK HERE if you have news or an event to submit to our events calendar
- This event has passed.
Congregational Vitality Workshop
September 14 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Diocese will be presenting its second Congregational Vitality Workshop on Saturday, September 14 from 8:30 to 3:30 at Christ Church in Lake Oswego. This will be the last one offered in the Portland area until at least Spring 2021, at which time there will be fees assessed. However, as was true last spring, the Diocese is once again offering this to congregations at no charge, beyond the $10 for a box lunch! This offering includes funding for your assigned consultant
- To be with you and your team during the Workshop,
- To meet with you and your team twice after the Workshop, to assist your team in completing and implementing the plan you will begin to create during the workshop, and
- To join with you and your team for the Follow-up Conference to be held Saturday, November 16, from 10:00 am to noon (also at Christ Church).
This Workshop will be a great opportunity to address some specific challenge your congregation may be facing, using one of the models we will introduce during our time together. This Workshop
- Lasts just 7 hours.
- Is grounded in our Baptism
- Is deeply customized, thanks to the individual pre-event questionnaires participants filled out prior to the workshop.
- Is practical and focused on your congregation
- Includes selecting and beginning work on your chosen project during the Workshop
- Is not “one-and-done,” but includes guidance from your assigned consultant in two meetings following the Workshop
- Includes a follow-up gathering where each team will share their experiences and learnings gained to-date from working on their project, and learn from the experience of other congregational teams.
In these concrete ways, we hope to assist you and your congregation in living more and more fully into your baptismal mission to serve Christ in your community and in the world.
If you have other questions, please feel free to call Caroline at 503-320-5511. (Call whenever you’re free; hopefully I’ll answer, but if I don’t, please leave a message, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.) The registration deadline is Friday, August 30! The first five congregations to complete their application (including a pre-event questionnaire from each member of the congregational team) will be invited to participate in this amazing experience!
In God’s Peace,
Caroline Litzenberger & Linda Jackson