Guided by our blessed Lord, who looks with compassion upon all who through addiction have lost their health and freedom, the Recovery Commission for the Diocese of Oregon aspires to serve the community as a resource network for understanding addiction and its impact on others.
- Be a resource for referrals and information about recovery resources in Oregon.
- Help educate the clergy and laity about addiction and the family dysfunctions associated with it.
- Encourage and support parishes to establish an annual Recovery Sunday as mandated by the guidelines from the General Convention o the Diocese of Oregon.
- Assist parishes to form their own Recovery Commissions.
- Continue to carry the message of recovery through parish liaisons, educational workshops, and our work with the National Episcopal Recovery organization.
Eleanor Suman, co-chair, Monica Anthony, co-chair, Patty Burke, Jane Massey
If anyone is interested in speaking to us directly, please contact one of the commission chairs.
t: (503) 453-5722
t: (503) 757-3385