Overview of Position
This position has responsibility for all administrative tasks of the parish office of Saints Peter and Paul Episcopal Church/Iglesia Episcopal San Pedro y San Pablo, which is a bilingual community. Responsibilities include greeting people and responding to their inquiries both in person and on the phone in English and Spanish, serving as a central point of communication among church committees, personnel and volunteers, managing the dissemination of information coordinating schedules, handling correspondence and mail, and providing administrative assistance to the Priest-in-Charge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as open and welcoming primary contact for anyone who calls or visits the church during office hours in English and Spanish. Directs calls and inquiries to the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Receives, responds to and distributes mail, messages, and email.
- Opens and closes church during office hours.
- Maintain parish calendar in coordination with curator.
- Operates and maintains office equipment; purchase office supplies; ensure regular backups of all computer-based information.
- Maintain proper financial records (Quickbooks/Church Windows), pays bills, collaborating as necessary with the Treasurer.
- Maintain membership information, annual parish directory, and parish registers.
- Manage parish-wide communications including newsletters, bulletin boards, email, and social media.
- Coordinates diocesan communication, ensuring the Diocese is up to date, and diocesan reports and communications are turned in in a timely manner.
- Maintains prayer list.
- Prepares bulletins for Sunday and other services as necessary in both English and Spanish, in coordination with the Priest-in-Charge.
- Schedules appointments for the Priest-in-Charge as requested.
- Meets regularly with the Priest-in-Charge.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and professional conduct at all times.
- Performs other duties as required for the well-being of the parish.
- Expected work-week is 3 days, Tuesday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Maintain regularly scheduled, posted office hours in coordination with the Priest-in-Charge.
- Current compensation: 15hrs/wk at $15/hr.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to efficiently use computer technology, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and Database software (Church Windows) and Google Docs.
- Familiar with social media (WordPress, Facebook, Instagram).
- Able to work with and coordinate volunteers.
- Able to multi-task, set priorities, and coordinate often competing deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as the member of a team.
- Must be able to pass the diocesan background check.
- Must have high school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years office experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Prefer knowledge of the Episcopal tradition and forms of prayer and worship.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Saints Peter and Paul Episcopal Church/Iglesia Episcopal San Pedro y San Pablo
247 SE 82nd Ave
Portland, OR 97216-1005