St. Anne’s Episcopal Church
Washougal, Washington announces a
Part-time Church Administrator Position
For information or application, contact the Rev. Kathleen Patton, Vicar, firstname.lastname@example.org
12 per week, including 6 scheduled office hours (currently 12-2, T,W,TH)
- A welcoming and flexible attitude (thick skin is a plus.) Must genuinely enjoy people with all their foibles.
- Comfort, pride, and pleasure in producing documents, including willingness/ability to master Publisher (or comparable software).
- Self-starting and problem solving — able to work without immediate supervision, and alone in the office.
- Flair for details and excellent organizational skills AND patience with those who lack them.
- Familiarity with Episcopal liturgy, tradition, structure a plus.
Communication — know what is happening and keep us all in the loop.
- Keep parish calendar.
- Oversee bulletin announcements, sign-ups, press releases, advertising, posters and flyers for parish activities.
- Contribute to e-newsletter and update website.
- Help parishioners contact vicar, parish leaders, and prayer team as needed.
- Maintain prayer lists.
- Be point of contact with diocese and facilitate their communication to parish leaders.
Publication — get us on the same page.
- Produce attractive, accurate and user-friendly weekly bulletins, wedding and funeral materials and publicity materials.
- Update and publish parish directory.
- Run and maintain copy machine and supplies and interface with office equipment people.
Coordination with volunteer groups — help us work together.
- Bishop’s Committee — keep official records, assist with communications.
- Delegates to convention — assist with communications with diocese and clergy, registration, lodging and food arrangements.
- Buildings and grounds — coordinate as needed with volunteers to schedule building repairs and maintenance.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Worship leaders — produce and distribute worship leader schedule.
- Manage Safeguarding, Background Check and Worship leader certification lists and paperwork.
- Be a friendly face of St. Anne’s to our Safe Stay Car Campers.
Organization — be our collective memory.
- Schedule and communicate building use with members and outside groups.
- Keep personnel, insurance, and other important parish records in an orderly and accessible way.
- Pick up and sort mail.
- Answer phones, handle messages, return calls.
- Monitor office email.
- Maintain parish bulletin boards.
Clergy Wrangling — support our Vicar.
- Keep Vicar up to speed.
- Communicate Vicars’ schedule and contact information to others as needed.
- Be prepared to remind, and occasionally to cajole Vicar in regard to her administrative duties.
For information or application, contact The Rev. Kathleen Patton, Vicar, email@example.com