We love Saint Martin’s, we love Shady Cove, and we’re seeking a priest to share in our lives of faith and in our service to the community. We’re offering a quarter time position, with time and service commitment negotiable. The priest we envision will be:
- a spirit-nourishing worship leader and educator who is outgoing and personable;
- a person skilled in providing pastoral care to a diverse Christian body – a good listener and a gentle speaker;
- a passionate promoter of service, fostering both old and new ways for our people to be Christ’s hands and feet in our community and the world;
- a person able to work comfortably and effectively with our lay leadership;
- a person willing to engage with the connected ecumenical community in Shady Cove; and
- someone who can help us in the work of discerning our way forward in this time of transition, assisting us as individuals seeking larger lives in Christ, and as a church desiring to play a larger role in our community.
Our family-size congregation includes several people who are fairly new to the Episcopal Church and also several who are cradle Episcopalians. We’re devoted to sharing our common faith and working together on behalf of the Reign of God. Our monthly Food Pantry contributes good quality food to well over a hundred people. During the current pandemic, Saint Martin’s has managed to address the much-increased need in our community by offering a pantry day at least once a week.
The famous Rogue River flows through Shady Cove, with its wealth of recreational opportunities. The cities of Medford and Grants Pass and the renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival in the picturesque town of Ashland are all less than one hour away.
To apply, send your resume, Ministry Portfolio and a cover letter to The Rev. Canon Neysa Ellgren Shepley at firstname.lastname@example.org.